BORNEO CULTURAL FESTIVAL
FESTIVAL WAYANG KULIT ANTARABANGSA
15 April - 15 May 2015 -
This carnival makes its debut inaugural debut in Malaysia and will initially involve three countries, namely Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Each country will be showcasing all its home grown famous shadow puppet shows. For Malaysia, its shadow puppets will be brought in from Kelantan, Terengganu, Kedah and Perlis.
• To recall the glorious art of Malaysian shadow puppet primarily from Malaysia in general and Kelantan Wayang Kulit, to showcase to the rest of the world.
• Promoting the art of shadow puppet show in the industry. Conservation of the arts and treasures of the state and the country which is gradually disappearing in modern times.
• Encourage the younger generation to continue to love our heritage.
• The current generation will be able to see various types of puppets from various countries, especially puppets from Kelantan.
• Encourage people to visit the museum and indirectly will understand the concepts and functions of Museology.
• Incentives for the tourism industry in Kelantan Darul Naim.